Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Fun Days

  Something I try to do  is have fun days. To purposely enjoy my children. That probably sounds horrible that I have to make myself do that, but when you have 4 children in 3 years and a good portion of them are strong-willed, sometimes you have to stop yourself , literally, in your tracks, and take them in. You know, smell them, stare at them, listen to them. For example, my oldest, when he has been playing hard, smells like a wet puppy. No! He really does! And...I like it! Because, the smell is all boy! And occasionally, when he turns just so, he still looks two. And that reminds me, that even though he challenges me in his almost seven year old way, he is still so young, and he still needs his momma to hold him, to reassure him, to praise him on all the wonderful things that he does, to tell him that he is going to be an amazing man of God one day.

And to listen to my little girl's voice and hear how wonderfully raspy it is. How she still mispronounces  words. I don't have the heart to correct her...How occasionally she still runs like a toddler, with  her arms pumping with determination all over her face.
And the rain boots! Can't get enough of her in rain boots!

And then there's the General....dimpled smile, giant blue eyes, with long lashes. A heart like a teddy bear. I love to just watch him build and create. He goes into a different world and his imagination takes off. I try to picture him as a grown man because he still has the toddler roundness to his arms and legs.
Finally, there's the baby, three years old and growing too fast for this mamma of 4, and him being the last. So ,I sit, and he takes my face between his still chubby fingers and plants one right on my lips, and I try to sear it into my memory.
So on days like today, where there is sharpie on the carpet, and on the walls, when the three year old has better things to do then pee in a potty, when the others have need to be separated for hours because they act like the divided Korean countries, and for some reason the house has seem to come alive and tears itself apart, I take in these things. I try to focus on the wonderful, individual ways that the Lord has made each of my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment